Southend United Football Club (SUFC)
We work closely with staff at SUFC to improve outcomes for our pupils and engage them in a range of learning activities. They visit regularly and work with classes on a range of activities to promote healthy living and eating and also work with target pupils to help them with their reading. Each year our pupils enjoy taking part in the Southend Unied Community Games event.
Billericay Community Trust (BCT)
The Billericay Community Trust is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee comprising
of fifteen schools in Billericay; Billericay Educational Consortium, a provider of initial teacher training
and Anglia Ruskin University.
Through working with partners within and beyond the Trust, the BCT’s vision is to provide a
collaborative approach to education that benefits all young people and the Billericay community,
irrespective of ability, disability, background or upbringing.
We aim to achieve this through the following objectives; to foster / ensure:
- • A strong partnership between schools that has rigour embedded in high provision and
- expectations for all of the children in BCT schools.
- • Excellent achievement for every child from their starting points.
- • High standards of Teaching and Learning, and Leadership at all levels across all schools.
- • All stakeholders appropriately trained and supported, and equipped to carry out their role
- effectively; making a contribution across the partnership.
- • Increased resilience reducing vulnerability for each school through stronger collaboration both in
- terms of challenge and support.
- • Close partnership working with the Billericay TSA and BEC SCITT.
- • The development of outstanding teachers through the highest quality Initial Teacher Training
- programmes and professional development opportunities.
- • A sense of community spirit in future generations.
- • Every child will experience an enriched, stimulating and creative education leading to a lifelong
- love of learning.
- A key focus for the BCT Board is monitoring the effectiveness of the actions sitting behind these
- objectives, as well as ensuring the ongoing financial viability of the trust for the long-term.
Being a member of The Billericay Community Trust provides us with a unique opportunity to be supported by a Charitable Trust specifically set up to help the drive for improved standards both in the member schools and in the wider educational community. All partners in the Trust work together to further improve standards of attainment and services for children and young people, their families and the wider school community. The vision for the Billericay Community Trust is excellence in Learning from 0 – 80+; enhanced collaboration between all learning providers; maximising efficient use of resources; and promotion of community cohesion.
Members of the Billericay Community Trust are The Billericay School, Buttsbury Infants School, Buttsbury Junior School Academy, Mayflower High School, Quilters Infants School, Quilters Junior School, South Green Infants School, South Green Junior School, Sunnymede Infants School, Sunnymede Junior School and Anglia Ruskin University
Billericay Teaching School Alliance
'Teaching Schools' are part of the government's drive to give schools more freedom and to enable schools to take increasing responsibility for managing the education system. The vision for Teaching Schools is to have established a network of around 500 outstanding Teaching School Alliances that will drive significant improvement in the quality of professional practice, improving the attainment of every child. Sunnymede Junior School is a strategic partner of Billericay Teaching School Alliance. Please click here to visit the website.
Click here for more information about Teaching School Alliances